Monday, November 5, 2012

voting and choosing

What a drag to sayAt least I still have yesterday
Show me something I can beAnd play a song that I can singMake me feel as I am freeSomeone come speak for me
As we go to the polls we are faced again with the struggle of having to choose from basically two people.  I know there are other candidates out there, but let's get serious - at the end of the night its Red or Blue.  
I have heard many comment about the struggle of having to choose to vote for someone who really doesn't capture their full picture of what they would want in a President.  It's difficult to find that person actually.  It's tough to capture the entire spectrum of thought, experience, and preference for people.  This impossible task is placed upon all leaders, whether they lead a country, business, non-profit, or even a church.  In the end we want someone to show us something that we can be, I want them to speak for me.  
But instead of letting them speak for me - because they do not know what it's like to be uniquely me, I speak for myself through choice.  What do you do when your choices seem limited and are not your preferences?  I believe you still choose - maybe not in the way everyone think though.  
I know that there are a lot of people thinking and praying through this decision.  Will you commit yourselves to pray and think just as hard when its all done, regardless of who wins?  

No comments:

Post a Comment