Thursday, July 12, 2012

lost and found

I once was lost, but now I'm found.

What an interesting picture to describe salvation.  Jesus gave us the original example in the story of the lost son.  Luke 15 is a beautiful chapter that speaks of three lost things; a sheep, a coin, and a son.  The first two have value to the contextual listener, but even more so for them and us, is the value of a son (or daughter).

I desrire for the places, people, time, and opportunities that I lost to be regained or found again.  This is what the hope of the gospel tells us.  "all that was lost can be found."  We are a people that even though we have lost things/people, they can be found.

This moment right here is one we can't suspendYour breathe and mine tells me just where I have beenYou know the song of long lost causeWe're running in circles and coming back again
Now could I go the long wayTaking the easy way down?If I was wrong would you show meWhere all that I lost can be found?
'Cause you can shoot me straightStraight to the heart 'cause you already have itSay what you wanna say, we're coming out of the grayWhat goes around now is coming back down todayYou can shoot me straight away
Don't wanna fight and you don't wanna lose controlWe're losing light and the night is getting coldEveryone wants to hear their story toldWe're not the only ones, we're not the only ones
And now could I go the long wayTaking the easy way down?If I was wrong, would you show meWhere all that I lost can be found?

No comments:

Post a Comment