Friday, January 27, 2012

brief update

Reflections from Vacation:

Even though I am out of state and have tried to unplug from some of the busyness and stress of ministry, I have found a great sense of renewal and understanding of the power of relationships in ministry. My heart echoes Paul's words... 'So while I am not with you in the flesh, I am with you in spirit'. I have been praying for many in our congregation who are particularly going through some tough times. You are remembered.

I have been able to rest and spend a great and wonderful time with my family and friends. Part of the renewal process is not just sitting on the couch and napping (even though I was able to do that, and it was GREAT). Renewal is about finding the parts of life and ministry that gives you energy. So even though I am on 'vacation' I have been working. For instance, I have attended an intensive class on nonviolence and social change (future posts on this to come). I have gone to a workshop presented on the '6 Faces of the Biblical Church'. I am leading an Affinity Night as part of the Natural Church Development process for a church in Indiana. I am still going to attend a discipleship event tomorrow as well. These things bring creativity and new life to me as well.

So how do you spend your Sabbath day? Is it just about resting or finding parts of our life where we can focus and see what brings life to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment