Tuesday, April 10, 2012

best and the worst.

I have been thinking recently about who I am... I know boring, right.
Here is a rambling and some questions I have been rolling around in my head:

What if the best part of me also leads to the worst part of me? Or - what if the very thing that makes me great at something causes me to be deficient in another area? How does one embrace the trueness of their being in light of the best and worst parts? It seems that the two are not as clearly separated as we would wish. It is not, 'here are my strengths and here are my weaknesses'. The two are not as clearly bifurcated for me as I would presume. What makes me great at something often leads to a lacking in another area of my life. Would this be my weakness? How do we define our weaknesses then? If we fix our weaknesses or work on our 'areas of growth', are we actually hindering the part of us that drives us toward excellence?

Where do you stand on this? How have you thought about what makes you - you?

No comments:

Post a Comment